Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do you like garlic?

Options
eenie meenie
eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Then you might like this. I cooked a Korean dinner of KalBi for my neices and nephews. I started out with a marinade (a hybrid of recipes from David Rosengarten and CI's) of tons of garlic and ginger with green chiles, scallions, asian pears, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, peppersorns, sesame oil, and red ginseng.

IMG_1823.jpg

I experimented using two different cuts of short ribs. The thin cut (1/4 to 1//3 on an inch) flanken and the English cut. I tri-butterflied (made up that word) the English cut so that there was a long thin piece of beef hanging from the bone. (Method is from Steve Raichlen) I pounded and scored both cuts with the back of my knife, then into the marinade.

IMG_1808.jpg

In the meantime, I made the smearing sauce: Korean bean paste, and Korean red pepper paste, with minced garlic, and rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil. The pastes look and smell digusting (almost like vegemite). It really complimets the meat.
IMG_1830.jpg
IMG_1831.jpg
IMG_1832.jpg

Seared the beef short ribs on high heat until somewhat charred.
IMG_1836.jpg

Then served by smearing lettuce with the sauce and placing some pickled kimchi, sesame rice , and short rib on the lettuce.
IMG_1838.jpg
IMG_1840.jpg

You can make this as spicey as you like.

Comments