Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

success with foil

Options
axelfoley
axelfoley Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hey guys and gals.

Just a small success stroy really. Did a large piece of pork shoulder for our Australia day, and it had been put on about 1am. I had guests at 5.30pm and at about 1pm I noticed that the internal temp was only 157. Calculating the likely hood of a 190 internal by the time the guests arrived I figured it would not happen. I had started a debate last week on the egg head forum about using foil in a cook off. The general opinion was don't do it. Having used foil I can say this: If you need a quicker cook to save the night thats the way to do it. It went from 157 to 190 in 2 hours. Yeah yeah so there was a little bit of moisture and the bark was not there, but it was certainly tender and far from dry. So it has been a great learning curve and next time i may use the foil method in the last hour of cook time.

""Why do we fall down...so we can leran to get up""
Alfred the butler...Batman