Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Who wants to go fast?(pic hvy)

"Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited 8:22PM in Off Topic
I do!!!!! :woohoo: A buddy of mine took me over to his cousins house this morning to show me the new Mopar that he's building.This thing had a 636CI engine,with a 14-71(intercooled)blower :ohmy: Total HP(without nitrous)2000 :ohmy: :ohmy: This car is gonna be awesome when finished,and I get to ride in it :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I can't wait :whistle: :)

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0024-1.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,742
    Sparky,

I'm hopin' that is strictly strip :ohmy:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Nope,he's building this for street use :ohmy: Look,it even has street tires on it :blink: The rear wheels are 20"X15",but they have street legal tires,and he plans to drive this thing on the road :ohmy: I can't wait :)

DSC_0010-1.jpg
    Sparky,

Um, aren't the right turns gonna be a little difficult?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: yea,prolly so.I think with this car,you have to have a navigator eh? :woohoo: The damn engine is 8" taller then the roof :ohmy:
    Dual bicarbs and gummies all round bud!

Steve :laugh:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Yeah - well I hope me and my baby don't see him on the road. Yep - stock 75' VW Bug named Herbie! White with a racing stripe...you know the one. Tell him to pull off Hwy 400 if he sees Ol' Herb in his rearview mirror! :laugh:

LJ
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Is dat a 'Cuda???I don't know but SCHWEET! :whistle:
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

That sure would have been fun to see up close and personal.

Back in the day I had a '68 Camaro Z28 302. It was quick and a lot of fun.

Noting like what you are going to ride in above.

It was a lot of fun living through the muscle car years and the oldies.

GG
  • Well, at least it's a GREEN car, and a beautiful shade of green at that. Very Nice!! ;)
    I'll tell him to look out for ya Jim :P
    No Hoss,this is a Cuda,

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

This is just insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

DSC_0027.jpg
    Yea Kent,it's great to know that this guy lives just a couple miles away,and he loves "talkin cars"(as long as they're Mopars) :laugh: I missed the muscle car era,but I still love em :) I bet that Z-28 was a ton of fun.I wish that I had one right now :)
    Yes Rick,it is a beautiful shade of green,huh? :) This thing is gonna be awesome in a few months :woohoo: I just can't wait to go for a spin in it :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: ;)
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,297
    just being nosey - any idea what he has inve$ted there already let alone by the time he get$ done? I know you said he wants it street legal, but man-o-man I could see that becoming a Trailer Queen just for show.
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re-gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time...

Hey Ron,don't quote me on this,as this is just from my poor memory :laugh: New tube chassis($40,000),Engine($80,000)Paint and bodywork($25,000).I have no idea what he paid for the car(or what's left of it) :blink: I bet he has over $200,000 in it by the time he's done,crazy huh?But it does look like fun to me :woohoo:
  • LFGEnergyLFGEnergy Posts: 618
    And you want to "go for a ride in that thing!!!" I am reminded of a quote from a few years back.....

Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.....

Hunter S. Thompson
  • :laugh:
    Mopar
    I had a Moped, and it was very slow! Got cunfused!!