Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Help

Options
ColoradoCook
ColoradoCook Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I thought I had become a pretty proficient low and slow cook (I've done two dozen briskets) but I believe the mighty spring winds of Colorado might have ruined my lunch today. I started a brisket (8lb flat from Sam's Club) at 1:00 PM yesterday, shooting for a 195 temp by 10 or 11 this morning. Everything was fine at 1:00 AM last night when the sheep came visiting. Woke up at 8:00 AM and the Egg temp was 180 and the brisket was 140. What can I do to get this thing through the platuea and done by 1:00 PM? At this time I have it wrapped in foil in my electric oven sitting over my pizza stone; the oven is at 275 degrees. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my first brisket cook for my parents who are visiting from out of town.[p]Thanks,[p]CC

Comments

• James
    James Posts: 232
    Options
    ColoradoCook,[p]Sorry you didn't get any repsonses in time to help. I'm no expert, but I would have just kicked up the egg temp a bit. you could also have wrapped it in foil on the egg. I've done that before, when I was in a hurry. (I usually dump a bit of beer in the foil as well)[p]How did it turn out? [p]

• ColoradoCook
    Options
    James,[p]It actually turned out great. I did the foil thing in the oven while the Egg got back up to temp. The brisket must of gone through its plateau during the night because I was able to get it from 140 to 200 in 90 minutes. It then sat in my cooler for three hours. I'll have to remember the beer idea next time. Thanks for the help.[p]CC