Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yep - I\'m Da Man!

Options
Lanier Jim
Lanier Jim Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well - if you see me get off the forum early tonight - it's because my wife fell in love with me all over again. Yep - I created tonight - an artist if you will - something that made me shutter (and burp) after the first bite.

Today at my local meat market - I picked up a large boneless pork roast - trimmed off some of the fat - and stuffed it with some fresh mild sausage. Then grabbed some Sweet Maple Rub and went to town.
q1.jpg

Set up the egg with the plate setter and a drip pan - of course used the tall GrateMates again to get the roast up in the dome some - and let her go at 425 for about an 45 minutes...then dropped down the heat to 350 for another hour and a half/b]
q2.jpg

Man - it cut like warm butter - and when we tested some HulaBubba Georgia BBQ sauce on it...with the Maple Rub...Uhhhhh - well, I thought I was in heaven...Hey, there's Elvis!
q3.jpg

Plated with my finest paper and the wifes cream corn, field peas with snaps, pickled okra, and whole wheat yeast rolls...then added some HulaBubba BBQ sauce...I'm telling you folks - Awesome!
q4.jpg
q5.jpg

When I looked over at my wife - she had sauce on her shirt, cheek, lips, fingers, and ear...don't ask. :laugh: She then got up from the table - said she was going to take a bath and winked at me...like I said, I might be off the forum early tonight.

Yep - I think I hear her yelling Daddy - might have leave shortly but I should be back within 5-10 minutes :)

LJ

Comments