Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

MikeO, True Master at Work

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
edited 10:06AM in EggHead Forum
It is amazing how much information we get here every day, and sometimes it is hard to remember some of the great things we have talked about. I suggested a "blast from the past" type of thing a while ago, where we repost things from the archives on occasion.[p]I was cleaning off the HUGE pile of papers on my desk...80 percent are printouts from this forum. Reading thru them, I came across this post from one of our true masters and artists, MikeO. [p]This is the improvisation king at work. Many of you probably saw it, but here it is again for those who didn't. And for those who did, like me, but forgot how great this post was. And what an incredible cook we have in our midst.[p]NB[p]
[ul][li]Master at Work[/ul]
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
·

Comments

• AbqEgg'rAbqEgg'r Posts: 91
    Nature Boy,
    That was a great post, thanks for re-posting![p]A~E

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
    AbqEgg'r,
    It was a great post without the killer tip of cooling your brine with a ziplock full-o-ice. There are great tips throughout that post, and a great display of innovation.[p]Lucky we are.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • Mike OelrichMike Oelrich Posts: 544
    Nature Boy,[p] Thanks for the compliment, but I would contend that there are many in this group that deserve more praise than I. I'm still not sure how much of that experience was "innovative" and how much was "rubegoldbergian"![p]MikeO
    [ul][li]Rube Goldberg Machine Contest home Page[/ul]
    ·
  • TractorTractor Posts: 283
    Nature Boy,
    You're Right! That was a great post. I have printed it out for reference. Thanks.

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
    MikeO,
    Okay. I'll chill on the praise a bit. [p]But it was a GREAT post, and if we can incorporate some "rudegoldbergian" in our cooking.....why not!! [p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·