Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Clean Burn

llrickmanllrickman Posts: 580
edited 3:26AM in EggHead Forum
I was wondering i need to do a clean burn on my egg and was wondering how you fine folks did it.

Do you load it with lump light it off and let it go or do you regulate it some say 500-600 degrees?

Also my plate setter is nastyyyyyy lol can i just set it in feet down when i light it or does it need to go in later

Thanks

Larry
One LBGE
Digi Q
green Thermapen
AR

Albuquerque, NM

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    I put everything in and let it rip...but I have a gasket solution that will not burn nor will the adhesive give.

I've let mine go at 700+ for several hours.
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    I do it at night only. I just love the fire stack comin out the top. :)
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Load everything that is nasty in after the lump is lit... keep it in the 500-600 range and burn the load of lump completely out.. if you still have a gasket, anything higher may fry it..
    Kent Madison MS
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Fill her up with lump,Lite her.Leave top off and bottom vent wide open.Let her burn.I like to put PS in at first,after a few hours,3-4,take it out and let her rip.If your gasket fries that's a bonus,once that dayum thing is gone,you don't have to worry about it anymore!If you ain't got a gasket then you cannot have a problem with it!!! ;)
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Hoss,
    A man after my own heart.. "gasket, I don't need no stinking gasket!"
    Kent Madison MS
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    EGGZACTLY! ;)