Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT's

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to finally try to cook these babies.
Are they cooked direct or indirect?
Thanks.

Comments

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    JohnR,
    Either or. I do them direct around 250 just to get the bacon nice a crisp.
    They are fantastic!

Apollo Beach, FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    JohnR, first time, huh? Well, you better be prepared to kick yourself in the butt, slap your forehead, or scream like a crazy guy when you think WHY HAVEN'T I TRIED ABTS BEFORE?? On Thursday night I just finished the last 2 ABTs out of a batch I fixed 2 weeks ago. They are such a treat in my book! BTW what do you plan to include in yours?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP,
    Well, I plan on using cream cheese and Italian Sausage.
    I don’t have any pulled pork, what do you suggest?
    By the way, do you do yours direct or indirect?
    JohnR

• RRP
    Options
    JohnR, normally it is always pulled pork under the cream cheese, HOWEVER I also love this meat sauce recipe...
    http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/newRecipes/sides0306.htm

[ul][li]hot dog sauce on your ABT[/ul]
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    JohnR,
    You can see and read how I do them on my website, in the "Cooks" section...HTH[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • James
    James Posts: 232
    Options
    JohnR,[p]I hadn't heard of these before, but I'm sure anxious to try them. I didn't even know what ABT stood for until I read WessB's recipe. They look delicious.[p]What I don't understand, is why you would remove the seeds and membrane? Without that, you might as well eat Bell peppers. "Atomic" implies that they should be a bit spicy.[p]Has anyone made them leaving the membrane and seeds intact?[p]
  • RRP
    Options
    James, LOL and live to tell about it?
    Hey if you like them hot then go for it, except in order to get space for any meat and cheese you'll almost have to remove some of the membrane and seeds.