Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oysters?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone here ever tried Oysters on the Egg? Any tips or recipes appreciated.[p]TT

Comments

• CampCook
    CampCook Posts: 157
    Options
    Tarheel Tom,
    I have not tried this on my egg as I don't have one at our house in Mexico where we get our fresh oysters. However, it should work just fine. We get thegrill up to medium hot -- about 350 degrees. Then spread the oysters out over the grill and close the cover. In about 4 or 5 minutes, several will begin to open, I remove them and pop the shells working quickly. I use a pair of heavy rubber gloves for this part of the process. We always have an array of roasted garlic butter - melted of course, hot sauce and cut up Mexican limons. Three or four of us will clean up three dozen of these babies in a few minutes. They always get rave reviews from first timers.

• DTM
    DTM Posts: 127
    Options
    CampCook,
    If I may ask, where in Mexico?
    Thanks
    Dan

• CampCook
    CampCook Posts: 157
    Options
    DTM,
    Our home is in Puerto Penasco also known as Rocky Point. It is a about 60 miles south of the Arizona Border on the Gulf of California. There is a huge shrimping fleet and several oyster farms.
    Dave

• Tarheel Tom,
    When we lived in Eastern NC we would cook them by the case on the egg. I would fill up a pan with water then set up the grill above it and steamed them. I have also left off the water and just cooked them about 300. It took about 8-10 minutes I think. They sure were tastey. [p]Enjoy em!

• All,[p]Thanks for the Oyster tips!! I'll give em a try.[p]
    TT, Exiled in CO