Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not-so Atomic ABT's - - Baby Bell Peppers

Options
a stick
a stick Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found baby bell peppers at one of the Costco's in Kansas City. They are just about the same size as jalapenos. I love ABTs but man, me and my stomach pay for them the next day. Anyway, here's the naked peppers ...[p]LinkPhoto?GUID=4cfe488f-6f77-4dc7-4d32-9392585036cd&size=sm[p][p]I stuffed them a little non-traditionally. From a non-egg project we had some goat cheese left over. So I whipped goat cheese and sour cream together with some garlic pepper. Cut the tips, plucked out the seeds, stuffed and wrapped with bacon using a toothpick or two per pepper.[p]LinkPhoto?GUID=33e04e6c-24e5-61b0-e4e6-24be18892ee3&size=[p][p]I put the pseudo-ABT's on at 300 degrees for about 45 minutes, turning halfway. I did let them get away from me near the end and a few got extra crispy but still tasty.[p]LinkPhoto?GUID=41446bae-6fa8-5cf6-5929-76623cfd39d7&size=[p][p]Next time I may stick with cream cheese, the sour cream especially broke down a bit. But still very good and not likely to come back to haunt me at work tomorrow.[p]Cheers - A Stick[p][p]

Comments

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Options
    a stick,[p]Them sure is lookin nice..and I know what you mean about them peppers comin back to haunt you..ever since my dog died..I can't make them ABT's no more....it's truly amazing how much that dog stunk the day after ABT day..man..I sure miss that little guy.[p]Now I must admit I done made the mistake of makin them ABT's on a Sunday night once..which was a big mistake..most specially cause I couldn't bring my dog to work the next day. But me being a Stump and all..I went anyway..and sure nuff things got a little out of hand..and for just a minute there..I sure was glad I had a deep desk..but only for a minute..on accounta not more then that one minute after I started feelin good about my deep desk..a female coworker was seen headin right towards my office..now I'm not sure if I done the right thing or not..but I figured..I autta get up and meet her at the door...sorta to stop her from entering my office...and I done just that..but truth be tol..I knew just as she was approachin me...it prolly wasn't my brightest idea...for I was pretty sure I'd released the beast from under the desk....and it sure musta been mad at me..cause it done followed me right to the door of my office.[p]Now I explained to the women that I was late for a meeting..and I had to rush off..but that's when it hit me and in a big way....so I done said somethin bout havin to get my sneakers washed..it was the best a Stump could come up with in the short time between when I knew I was growin a tail..and when I knew she would know I was growin a tail...and she..bein the perfect lady that she was..said that if'n I was to get my sneakers washed...I prolly should keep them away from my a$$ after that..in order to make sure they don't start smellin like that again...and she just winked at me...and walked away.[p]Ahhh..the life of a Stump[p]StumpBaby