Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Chicken and Market Review for N Georgia

Options
DrZaius
DrZaius Posts: 1,481
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I tried a new market the other day up in Buford, Georgia. It is a Cajun market called Ragin' Cajun Meats.

The market is very clean and well kept. They had a good selection of hand made sausages and spiced up steaks and ribs. I was most interested in the stuffed boneless chickens and man are they good. I fixed a Crawfish and rice dressing stuffed Cajun chicken and holy cow it was good!

The steaks looked ok, but they are working on carrying PRIME. To start off they will be carrying PRIME Ribeyes

They also have a selection of Oysters, Shrimp, Scallops, Clams etc... depending on what day you go there.

The guys that run this place seemed real nice even though they do their cooking demos on a Traeger pellet grill.

You can sign up for an email list when you go there and they will send out emails about what fresh seafood they have coming in.

Here is a pic of the store front and a chicken I bought...
IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

Here is the chicken getting ready to meet the egg...
DSC06380.jpg

DSC06381.jpg

Going on...
DSC06384.jpg

DSC06385.jpg

Flipped for crisping the skin...
DSC06388.jpg

DSC06389.jpg

Finished up...
DSC06391.jpg

DSC06392.jpg

Sliced...
DSC06394.jpg

DSC06395.jpg

Plated with some other stuff...
DSC06396.jpg

DSC06397.jpg

I hope the peeps around the N Georgia area can get by and check these guys out. The chicken tonight was AWESOME! I looked forward to checking out some of their other meats and definitely more of the chickens. They have several stuffed varieties.
This is the greatest signature EVAR!

Comments