Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Robbing Peter to Pay Paul

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With all of the talk of chicken breast yesterday, I decided that some simple grilled chicken was in order. I was also thinking about how NatureBoy did his steaks low’n’slow and high’n’fast.[p]Since Mr. Big will soon be going back to KennyG(sigh) and I am now totally out of lump, I opened up my small BGE to retrieve whatever lump was there. When I removed the entire load of lump, I noticed that the Turbo Grate made metal mesh had fallen into the opening. This explains we I had so much trouble with the burgers the other day. I now had enough lump to fire up Mr. Big.[p]I simply sprinkled the boneless skinless breast with some Sgt. Pepper’s Ancho Mama Chili Seasoning. I then put a palm full of Lil’ Devils Mesquite Smoking Pellets on the fire and tossed the chicken on. I smoked the breasts for 10 minute at about 200. I then flipped them and add some more pellets and let them go for another 10 minutes. Next, I opened up the bottom vent and took the top off. I let Mr. Big run up to 400 and cooked the breast for 8 minutes per side. We were close to eating, but when I went to get the chicken, I decided to let it go for five more minutes. [p]The results were simply outstanding. I served them with various BBQ sauces at the table. I had also pick up some fresh sweet corn at the Market. The corn is still from Southern Florida and was great as well. My four-year-old son ate a chicken breast and then four ears of corn.[p]After we ate, we headed to a concert consisting of The Amazing Crowns, Hank Williams III and The Reverend Horton Heat. Wow, what an awesome show.[p]BBQ, Corn, Beer and great Rock N’ Roll. What a great way to spend a Wednesday Night.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments