Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Raging River Maple/Butter Crusted Alaskan Salmon

poolguypoolguy Posts: 129
edited 11:02AM in EggHead Forum
I had to try the raging river maple/butter crusted salmon. looked so good. My brother brought this with him when he came back to visit from Alaska in July. results were very very tasty.
th_IMG_0137.jpg
Rubbed with Raging River DP
th_IMG_0138.jpg
On the Egg @ 350
th_IMG_0141.jpg
Raging River Maple/Butter Crusted Salmon ready to eat
th_IMG_0136.jpg
Had to clear off some snow to get the BGE out of the pool house. I do most cooking @ our store.

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Very nice Larry. You tired of snow yet? I have pushed nonstop since Christmas Eve Day.

Mike
  • poolguypoolguy Posts: 129
    Thanks Mike, yes i am tired of the snow & cold. Have not been able to do anything outside. Do you know anything about okc yet?
  • I'm making the Raging River salmon this week on my Large egg. Looks like you just went direct (cooking grid below the felt line?) at 350? About how long did it take to cook through?
  • poolguypoolguy Posts: 129
    I followed dizzy pigs recipe. you can find it @ dizzypigbbq.com It took 15 minutes on the 1st side then 10 minutes on 2nd side, mop with maple and butter and let cook for 5 minutes then flip and mop again. i shut egg down at this time and took off 5 minutes later. I had a thick piece of Salmon. I wanted a little crust and the Maple/Butter baste really highlighted the crust, it was very good. i'll do it again.
  • That looks Great
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    OKC is the 17th of April or what ever that Sat. is.

Mike