Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Lo-Slo Results

Options
PackerFan
PackerFan Posts: 72
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello,[p]I do love this egg. It has been exactly 1 week now and I just did my first smoke on it yesterday. I lit fire Thursday night at 10:15 and put a 7 lb Pork Butt on at 11:00. Stabilized grid temp at 220 and went to bed. Woke up at 7:30 and grid temp was 212 and pork was 148. Through a salmon on at 12:00 and smoked for 5 hours. At 5:00 I served the salmon as an appetizer. It was awesome. Rubbed it with Raging River Rub. I am impressed. The Pork hit 200 at 7:00 and we ate it at 7:45. Very tasty. I am amazed that the egg maintained temp as long as it did and produced awesome results. I still have charcoal left and am going to use leftover pork for ABT's tonight. Does anyone know where I can sell a used oven? It doesn't appear that we are going to need it anymore. Sure wish I would have bought one of these things when I first looked at one 4 years ago. Oh, well.[p]Kenny

Comments