Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's Eggin Weather!!

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Only got down to 0 F. Balmy compared to last year. The shoulder clod was amazing. It cooked at 280-300 all night new years eve while we slept. No thermometer, but the 24 pound clod went on at 9 or 10pm, I wrapped in foil when I woke up at 9am. Had real nice bark. Cooked until we needed the egg to cook eggs (11am). Checked tenderness with a plastic knife LOL. Went into the cooler to rest while we tooled around on the snowy forest roads. 4pm got back and pulled the beef. Amazing sandwiches, and will cook a clod again. Hope I remember the plastic knife to check tenderness, cuz I got no idea what I cooked it to! Anyways, here are some pix. PERFECT weather for egging.

Purty country
WVcountryside.jpg

Listened to gurgling stream all weekend
Camp.jpg

Preeemo spot
TentTrees.jpg

Never had this beer, and never seen around home.
OldGerman.jpg

Our egging camp!
CookingCamp.jpg

Beef shoulder clod and fatties
ClodAndFatties.jpg

Tooling around on Middle Mountain road. Trecherous conditions, and you can slide off the hill anywhere....but fun!
MiddleMTroad.jpg

Zero degrees enough to start freezing a cold creek overnight.
FrozenCreek.jpg

Happy New Year to all!
Chris
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments