Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum. You can also find a lot of information, cooking tips and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pulled Beef Help (BCS BOWL TAILGATE)

SeideggerSeidegger Posts: 73
edited 11:11PM in EggHead Forum
Hey Guys: Thanks for all the consistent help over the last 2 years...got a question for my first pulled beef attempt!

I have ordered a 16lb chuck roast from Costco so that I can pick it up Jan2nd to start preppin for a cook on the night of the 3rd for the game on the 4th!

I have never cooked this cut...is the same cooking time to be expected like a brisket about 1.5lb an hour going low and slow, more? less? I want to figure out when to put it on if I want it ready by 11am on the morning of the 4th!

Also, I was thinking dizzypig cowlick or byrons butt rub? Mustard to make it stick, rub the night before and 30 mins before with mustard underneath? Injecting with some john henry brisket injection marinade? Wake up at foil the last 2/3hours of cook in apple juice or beer? Putting it in a hot cooler for 2 hours, reheat on gas grill at parking lot/tailgate where I'll mix with bbq sauce!

Any ideas? Suggestions? Alterations?

Comments