Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I just can't leave well enough alone

Options
JB
JB Posts: 510
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
About 10 days a go I received my adjustable rig/ spider and wanted to incorporate it into a pizza cook I had already planned for that same night. After fiddling around with it I stumbled on this setup http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=781434&catid=1#, which involved removal of the fire ring. It was the only way I could find to use both platesetter and rig as I do not have an extra stone to use as an indirect piece.

Bente responded that the platesetter would, in fact, fit on/ in the rig as he had done it before. Lit up the Egg last nite for a pizza cook and while I was waiting I started tinkering and figured out how to do it. I went a step further and placed the spider on top of the grid and then pizza stone. This got me so high in the dome that I had to remove the thermometer. Just guessed at temp from experience and put the pies on at what usually is 650-675*. Judging by the time it took each of them (about 5 mins per) that was about right.

The end result was very good. Not sure I noticed a huge difference, but my wife proclaimed these as the best I've ever done... good enough for me. So, I think I'll stick with this setup for a while, although, as the post title suggests... I just can't leave well enough alone. ;)

P.S. Thank you to whomever it was that posted a tip for reheating pizza in a CI skillet a while back. I had never tried it before. Just finished lunch and it worked much better than other reheating methods I've used. Crust crisped back up nicely and was not limp or soggy. 'Nother lesson learned here.

Pizzasnewsetup12-27-09001.jpg
Pizzasnewsetup12-27-09002.jpg
Pizzasnewsetup12-27-09003.jpg
Pizzasnewsetup12-27-09004.jpg
Pizzasnewsetup12-27-09008.jpg

Comments