Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

christened my christmas gift...

Options
texasAUtiger
texasAUtiger Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife was nice enough to spring for a large egg for me for xmas. I cooked some ribeyes, filets, and baked potatoes on there Wed night as a trial run, gearing up for my low and slow 8.5 lb pork butt smoke xmas eve night and into xmas morning. To go with it, I did some bacon and tater tot poppers (found on dizzy pig site) and some fresh corn.

Thankfully, I was able to lean on the experience of posters in this forum to help me. Thanks to everyone for the help I received just by reading lots of things (without even posting myself).

I think it turned out very good, although after doing it once and learning things you can only learn from the experience of doing it, I am itching to do a second low and slow cook, because I know I will be even better at several things, e.g. fire stabilization, temperature control, and unclogging the fire grate holes in the latter stretches of a long cook.

BGE "to do" list:

1. spatchcocked chicken
2. wood planked salmon
3. the rack of lamb recipe on the dizzy pig site

TIA for your patience and help for a newbie egger!
:-)

Comments