Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WudEyeDo's / Mike Morgan's Smoked Meatloaf Recipe

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had a request to post this recipe. Absolutely the best meatloaf I've ever had.[p]2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 Tbs canola oil
1 lb. ground pork
1/2 cup minced onion
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
2 Tbs. Worchestershire
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 egg
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 cup beef stock
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. tabasco
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
And...I added a handful of chopped Cilantro[p]Warm the oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the pepper, salt, onion, bell pepper and cumin....(I also put the garlic in at this time). Sautee until veggies are softened. Place this mixture in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with your hands. [p]I made two equal sized mounds and placed them in a non=stick sprayed grill basket (the kind covered with all of the little holes. I then gave them a liberal sprinkling of Grilla Shaker...I'm sure any good rub will do just fine. I then drizzled a little Heinz catsup on the top.[p]The original recipe calls for the Egg to be at 225, but I did like WudEyeDo and cooked it at 330 +- indirect on a raised grid with just some HD tinfoil below to catch the drips. The foil can sit on a plate setter, or, I just set it on a handful of broken firebrick placed around the bottom grid to deflect the full effect of the heat. Smoked with pecan.[p]Took some to work this morning to a lady that told me yesterday that she didn't like meatloaf. One bite and she told me that it was the best meatloaf she had ever tasted...seems she's changed her mind...Food cooked on the EGG can do that to folks. [p]Mike

Comments