Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

yard bird wings

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have the Medium and need some instruction/directions regarding wings for about 40 people.
BTY- I am an independent kitchen consultant with the pampered chef

Comments

• Washog
    Washog Posts: 58
    Options
    frank, This is probably not the norm around here but don't like all the work associated with doing them direct so I cook my wings indirect at 275 to 300 degrees. I turn three times and it takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour to cook.
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    frank,[p]How many wings apiece are you anticipating? When I buy whole wings, 5 pounds yields about 24 wings (48 individual pieces when segmented). This covers the grill on my Large. Rather than using a grill extender, raised grid, etc. I just do two batches ahead of time and reheat them all at the same time.[p]Washog is cooking a little hotter than me - I like around 250 degrees direct for an hour, with one turn at the half hour.[p]Ken
  • BlueSmoke,
    I like the suggestion of double batch cooked seperatly.[p]Thx
    frank