Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Strange, but True...Probably the Best Meal Yet

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After nearly two years of Egging things such as ABT't, Wings, Salmon, Ribeyes, pork tenderloins, spatchcocked chickens etc., etc., I finally decided to try something that I've wanted to try on the EGG.....meatloaf.[p]First of all, please realize that I'm not a real meatloaf fanatic. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even tell you in what decade I last had it. However, after seeing Mad Max's recent post, something called to me.[p]I knew I didn't want just any meat loaf, so I started searching past posts. When I came upon a long-ago, WudEyeDo's post of Mike Harmon's Smoked Meatloaf....I knew I had it. [p]I followed the recipe exactly, except at the very end I added several chopped sprigs of cilantro to the mix, and used Grilla Shaker to season. I wished I had had a digital camera, cause this was a thing of beauty. At any rate, this was probably one of the best recipes that I have ever tried on the Egg. Call it comfort food, or whatever.....it was great. Mama raved!, and raved! and raved! Can't wait till tomorrow for sandwiches. [p]I smoked it on a raised grid with some broken firebricks acting as a buffer and just some heavy duty foil to catch the drips. Don't put the meat in a pan....I cooked it in two loafs in one of those black baskets with holes that Nature Boy does his potatoes in. This allows the smoke to go all around the meat. The smoke ring was beautiful, and the meat to die for. If anyone wants a copy of the recipe...I'll be glad to post it tomorrow. Now it's off to bed for old folks like me.[p]Mike

Comments