Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping Chubby - \"Houston, We have a Problem\"

Options
Lanier Jim
Lanier Jim Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Chubster:

I think we got a little problem here. When I got my Gratemates the other day, I opened them up immediately. I couldn't find my glasses, so I just squinted and read the directions. I followed them perfectly...lightly oiled them down with Castrol Motor oil and baked them for 3 1/2 hours at 3500 degrees. Man - the smoke filled up the house but I figured you knew what you were talking about.

Well - the timer went off so I turned off the heat and let them cool down. Hell - they've been cooling for 2 days now and looking through the glass window, I can see that they are no longer red!

Here's the problem - they melted and now all I have is a blob of black metal. So - do these things have a lifetime warranty or just 2 days? The note in the box said something about excellent Customer Service too. :)

Seriously - you already know I got them today...followed the instructions the best I could (you sent the Chinese version by the way) and they turned out looking great. Nice and shiny.

Thanks Big Guy - great product and just in time for Christmas. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

BTW - the measurements we did last night were almost exact. Yeah - I checked them out before seasoning.

Merry Christmas

Lanier Jim
Beautiful Lake Lanier