Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Even neglected, the chicken was great!

GretlGretl Posts: 670
edited 12:28AM in EggHead Forum
I spatched a big old chicken yesterday, about 7 lbs. I seasoned it under the skin with garlic, olive oil, and Ken Stone's Red Rooster rub. More oil and RR on the skin, then direct on a raised grid at about 350. I started watching the women's basketball on TV and---ooops---the dome temp was up to over 400! Aaaak. I brought the temp back down to 325, but that chicken was done in one hour. The Polder read 184 in the breast, so I though we'd be able to repair our footwear with it. Not so at all! It was so tender and juicy I couldn't believe it. Since I had no time to add Ken's Big Chief during the cook, I served it on the side. Wonderful bird.[p]Cheers,
G.

·