Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bubba Tim or Little Chef

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have lost the pizza dough recepie that i got from ya'll a few months ago please resend it to me

thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
  • BENTE
    Options
    i talked to bubba and they are in boston but will send it to me next week i used something by spin.. i will see how it goes if it does not work well it is back to tortillas

Pizza, Dough, New York Style, Spin

This recipe will make enough dough for 4-9" or 2-12" pies. It is prepared using a stand mixer with a dough hook. You may have to adjust your preparation method to suit your equipment.

Ingredients:
    3 cup Flour (I use Gold Medal Better for Bread enriched white)
    1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
    1 package active dry yeast
    1 Tbs sugar
    1/2 tsp Crushed kosher salt
    2 Tbs Olive oil (Use the good stuff)
    1 cup Water

Preparation Directions:
    1 In a measuring cup add ¼ cup 105°F water and ½ the sugar. Mix to dissolve.
    2 Add the yeast and mix to dissolve. Set aside.
    3 To a mixer bowl add the flour, cornmeal, salt, olive oil, and ½ the sugar. Mix well to blend.
    4 When the foam on the yeast mixture reaches the ½ cup mark (10-15 minutes) add it to the bowl and set mixer to stir.
    5 Using the measuring cup, slowly add water until a tacky (not sticky) dough has formed.
    6 Roll dough out onto a floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic (3-5 minutes).
    7 Place in a lightly oiled (olive oil) bowl, roll to coat, and cover with a hand towel. Place in a warm spot and allow to rise until doubled in size (1-2 hours).
    Special Instructions::
    1 Rising time can be shortened to 45-75 minutes by using a warmed oven. Preheat the oven on warm and then turn off. Add the covered bowl to the oven only when you can grab and hold the oven grate with your bare hand without undue discomfort.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Side Dish

Recipe Source
    Author: Spin EHignutt@aol.com

Source: BGE Forum, Spin

California Culinary Academy

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Thanks Bro. Have a Merry Christmas and hug everyone twice from us Hippos. :laugh:
  • BENTE
    Options
    same back at ya Pal ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb