Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

KC EggFest

poolguypoolguy Posts: 129
edited 6:36AM in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone, I am a dealer in Kansas City and have been talking with BGE and my distributer about putting on a eggfest. I have approval from both. Now I need your help. How many would be interested in coming to a eggfest in KC,MO. What ideas do you have, do we need to serve alcohol. We haven't set the date yet, but input would be nice, May or June?

Thanks for yuor input in advance and
Have A Merry Christmas!!!
Larry
·

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    I think alcohol is mandatory :evil:
    Check the dates of existing fests and you'll draw a bigger crowd if you can fill in a gap. Good luck.
    ·
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 815
    We would interested. The kids would want the host hotel to be The Great Wolf lodge though.
    ·
  • Great idea Larry! Lots of eggheads in the KC metro area!
    ·
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    I vote June...I'm on a one a month schedule. Already gonna try to get to North Carolina in May, and since the world revolves around me....? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I think 5 hour drive would be dang easy for an Eggfest. Totally worth it!

Oh, and the alcohol is a good idea. I've never been to an Eggfest so there are no ideas here. Sorry. :blush:
    ·
  • I'm in STL and might consider an Eggfest. Not sure what month would be good, but suds is never a bad idea.
    ·
  • Heh, as would mine. We make a pilgrimage there once a year, usually.
    ·
  • djgdjg Posts: 19
    We are about 4 hours away, and it sounds like a good time. Is this a kid friendly event?
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I talked to Mike today about your fest, recommended you get a date and a banner ad up as soon as possible if you want out of towners to attend. -RP
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    KC Eggfest would be great! My daughter lives in the metro area and I'm only a 2 1/2 hr drive away.
    IMHO . . . I wouldn't be concerned about the sponser serving "adult beverages" as might raise a liability question. (I could be wrong though)
    Great idea and I hope it works out!
    ·
  • Hey Larry,
    It is not necessary you serve the alcohol. Most eggfests, it is BYOB. The location should be friendly to our thrists cooking bbq for a ton of people. :ohmy:
    Let me know what else I can do to help.

Mike
    ·
  • I would love to go to an Eggfest in the midwest. As a teacher, I'd selfishly vote for late June when I'm off. I have family out that way, so it would be nice to kill two birds with one stone.
    ·
  • I vote yes. the OKC fest is in April, Springfield Mo, is in Sept, I think the may/ June time would be about right for that area.
    ·
  • poolguypoolguy Posts: 129
    yes it is
    ·
  • fonemanfoneman Posts: 104
    KC would be great and I would be interested. Any date will work for me.

john
    ·