Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Prime Rib & AuJus?

bwbw Posts: 87
edited 2:46AM in EggHead Forum
Making prime rib for xmas eve dinner. Just wanted to get some of the experts advice on cooking, set up, rubs, and hope to make the ajus? I would greatly appreciate it. TIA

Bev

Comments

• bwbw Posts: 87
    Sorry meant to say HOW to make the Aujus as well. TIA
  • Greetings;
    There is a Prime Rib podcast on Friday's cbsnews.com/earlyshow with recipies. The highlight is that he used Bourbon smoked peppercorns and salt for the rub. I ordered 4 units from tasteofbourbon.com perhaps for next yr. He says internal to 130. check it out and adapt to egg.

Tony
    Flintville, TN
  • http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1996/03/beef-standing-rib-roast-prime-rib.html

if you are not familiar with ~thirdeyes~ tools and website it is a great resource tons of info.
    i assume you are familiar with naked whiz?
    between these two sites you can get an answer to most if not all your questions
    good luck with the roast let us know how you made out. let thirdeye know the cook stats for his study and as always pictures are appreciated
    bill
  • CPBCPB Posts: 133
    Also check out Alton Brown's method.