Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Christmas Gift Ideas for Eggers

YBYB Posts: 3,861
edited 11:32PM in EggHead Forum
Julie and Steve Applegate got me started last August putting together a Q-Box.I started with a $10.00 tool box and started adding everything I need when I go somewhere to cook.I got a few decals and put on the box.One from Dizzy Pig BBQ,Hoss's BBQ,BGE,Little Chef's and Bubba Tims and a M 22 from Michigan.The idea is so you don't have to take things from your house when you go somewhere.I just thought if your looking to buy something for your Egger you can start off with a $10 box or $500 in Thermapens or Shun knives.Here is a couple of pictures of my Q Box.This really has been fun and can take years to complete.
Larry

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Comments

• Very nice All you need is a Blue Thermapen
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Thanks but I kind of like red.What I really need is some dry weather.
    Larry
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    That's quite a tackle box my friend.
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Great idea Larry...and who would have thought we would be asking for no more rain... :S
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,915
    That's a great idea, Larry! I use two canvas tote bags and a metal pail. I look like a homeless dude but it works!

BTW Fed Ex tracking says my Pearl's hit town this morning and are "out for delivery" today!
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
    It really helps not having to look for everything when your going somewhere to cook.Julie gave me her list that see and Steve have in theres and I added to it.
    Larry
    You are so right Kim...We have got about 3 inches today.I am ready for some dry cooking weather.
    Larry
    Great you can cook some tonight.They come 8 in a pack(2 lbs)I used our foodsaver and put 3 to the pack because one is all we can each eat.I also carry a milk crate with Mapp gas,cutting board,papper towls and the rest of our junk to go with the Q Box.
    Larry
  • Good idea Larry. only thing is, I am still trying to get one of everything and now you are poropsing two? She would kick me out on the deck with my egg and what accessories I have. :woohoo: :side: :ermm:
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,521
    I think yall are launching that weather up our way as I type....right into some really cold air.

Have a good weekend bro!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
    You have to take it slow and easy.With a box your knives will always be sharp and you will know where to find everything.LOL.It is fun putting to box togeather.I have asked for a few things for my box for Christmas.
    Larry
    We need a break Chris.Hope you have a great weekend.
    Larry
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,521
    Crazy how the lakes down there looked like strip mines last year, and now yall are crying "uncle"!

Hope it clears out for yall. Happy holidays.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Cool idea, Bud! Good talking with you yesterday.

Merry Christmas.
    Mike
    I enjoyed talking to you also Mike.A box full of your tools would really be nice.LOL
    Larry
    Our lake was 16' below pool and now 3' above...Go figure on a lake with 1200 miles of shore line.
    Larry
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    :)
  • Teach42Teach42 Posts: 219
    You need a Batman style Egg Utility Belt.