Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tailgating, but NO EGGs allowed

SeideggerSeidegger Posts: 73
edited 5:00AM in EggHead Forum
Tailgating at the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix, AZ...

Parking lot does not allow anything but gas grills at the University of Phoenix Stadium...

I have to keep the egg home and transport...

We leave at 11AM for 6pm game (eat around 2pm)...

Any ideas on what to cook? I don't want to do ribs and wake up at 5AM and don't want to freeze or refrig. and reheat! Brisket could work as I would put it on around noon the day before...anything else?

Comments

• rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Buld a cover disguised as a gas grill to slip over the egg.If you get found out bribe them with food!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Someone needs to educate the University of Phoenix about the dangers of Propane tanks, and the insulating qualities of ceramic cookers.
  • Mike, I couldn't agree with you more. That rule is ridiculous!
    If the egg is could be nested in a little table, (so it's not just standing there) I would totally have a propane cover hinged on there to cover it up!
    G'wan, kick me out....! :evil: Or yes, bribe with food! :laugh:

*Edit: Sorry, you were asking for ideas.
    Burgers! (I'm in a burger mood right now)
  • they don't want charcoal because most guys bring a weber grill and briquettes, and just dump them out in the parking lot after the game.

they wouldn't understand what your egg was, and that you just shut it down.
  • ClamClam Posts: 117
    What if you time it (perfectly?), brisket or pork shoulder into the cooler , foil and towels, three hrs., pull or cut at two, and eat?
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Go buy a small propane bottle and a hose and run it into the lower vent. They will never know :evil:
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    And they call themselves and institution of higher learning! :evil: