Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef rib prayers answered!

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MeWooToast.jpg
<p />Been dreaming of these beef ribs WooDoggies always be talkin about. So I whined a little (squeaky wheel tactics), and next thing ya know, Woo shows up at the Nature Ranch with some prime dry aged beef ribs. [p]I won't be too wordy, cuz the pictures speak purty clear. Thanks Woo. What an experience.[p]BeefRibsBefore.jpg
The large slab is the back ribs, and the smaller thicker slab is the chuck ribs. Fantastically marbled meat. [p]WooDisplaysRibs.jpg
Woo proudly displays the ribs. He made me smell the raw meat too. The dry aged smell was rich and unique.[p]WooRubsRibs.jpg
He rubbed the back ribs lightly with cow lick, and the chuck ribs with Red Eye, plus an extra portion of fresh ground coffee beans.[p]BeefRibsOnGrill.jpg
On the grill indirect.[p]BeefRibsDone.jpg
After a few hours. The smell was incredible.[p]BackRibsSliced.jpg
The back ribs were not what you would call a meaty rib, but the meat was rich and wonderful. The very light seasoning he used was perfect, as the meat had plenty to say on its own. (forgive the blurry blob on the last couple photos. Got some beef juice on the lens I think. hee)[p]ChuckRibsSliced.jpg
The Chuck ribs were phenominal. Huge slab of meat. Very beefy flavor. Still eating sandwiches from it today.[p]CalzoneFinished.jpg
For variety, and to feed the kids, I made my first Calzones. Got this funky idea to put elbow macoroni in with the filling. It was actually pretty good.[p]Thanks again Woo. You're a damn good cook.
Beers to all
Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments