Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can you spend too much time with your egg?

Options
Wino
Wino Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got my egg last fall. Been spending a lot of time with it since. I always did a lot of cooking on my gas grill. Now I cook all the time with the egg. My wife now calls my large egg my girl friend. LOL She loves all the Q I do. But she does complain about all the time I spend hanging out with my green girl friend. The egg never nags; she just needs a tweak once in a while. Am I crazy?
Just hanging out watching the 500 in HDTV drinking some beers and eating ABT's.
Wino

Comments

• tn slagamater
    Options
    Wino,there is no way you can spend too much time with the green girlfriend. If my wife ever leaves me, I am going to move to John Kerry's Mass. and marry the Green Girl... they seem to be pretty flexible up there on marriage partners...:)

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    Wino, Today I cooked chili and cornbread on my egg. Did I need to? My crock pot cooks great chili. My oven cooks great cornbread. I just want to be by my egg, and see what little twist it gives my food. You're not alone bro. The egg rules.

• Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    Options
    Wino, Not sure it's possible. Mrs. knows what she is eating and gives me a long leash. Just may need an adjustment in medications every once in awhile. I've been having so much fun I'm sure it's not legal. I wish more people had a camera since I think food is at least 50% visual. I think most people can see in a photo the way it would taste.
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Borders,[p]Nothing wrong with chili and cornbread on the egg...my opinion is it's BETTER than in the oven and way more fun![p]chili-n-cornbread.jpg[p]Tonia

• highlander
    Options
    Wino,
    No Way....! ! !
    I am still tagged as a "Newbie" had my egg since Novemeber 03. Most of my clothes smell of smoke...My bride does not complain as long as I keep the food on the table. I am probably the only person where I live that even owns an egg. Matter of fact I am taking some pulled pork to work tomorrow to share with the guys at work. My only question is how did "we" survive without an egg.....

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    QBabe, looks nice. The real kicker to my chili was the meat was leftover ribeyes smoked w/mesquite. I smoked the chili w/mesquite also. Man it was good.