Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

QBabe, garlic cream sauce???

1044 Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry, but it just sounds too good to wait for you to make more crabs. I'll just eat it with a spoon. Recipe??? Please??? Aw c'mon, I be beggin'!

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    1044,[p]You'll have to wait a little bit longer 'til I get home where the recipe is! I'll try and find it tonight and get it posted...[p]Uncle...
    Tonia
    :~)

QBabe, hurry! Can you sneak out early? You can always get another job. My spoon is at the ready. :-)[p]Ok, I'll wait. What time is it now? Are we almost there?

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    1044,[p]The original recipe is in Smoke and Spice, but because I couldn't find one of the main ingrediants (seafood sausage links), I had to improvise.[p]1 tbsp butter
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1-2 cloves roasted garlic, minced
    1 tbsp onion, minced
    1 cup heavy cream
    12 ounces can evaporated milk
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp white pepper
    1 1/2 lbs king crab legs
    4 oz small shrimp, grilled
    4 oz small scallops, grilled
    4 oz smoked sausage, grilled
    1/4 cup white wine
    1/2 lemon, juiced
    1-2 tbsp olive oil
    1/4 tsp Raging River rub[p]Heat egg to 275°. Add wood for smoke, if desired (I like alder or apple for seafood). Peel and devein shrimp. When egg is ready, cook crab legs for 12-15 minutes. While crab legs are cooking mix wine, lemon juice, olive oil and Raging River rub and toss shrimp and scallops in marinade for 10-15 minutes. Remove crab legs from cooker and let cool. Next, add sausage to cooker. Cook for about 30 minutes to heat. While sausage is cooking, remove shrimp and scallops from marinade, skewer (or use a fish grid), and sprinkle both sides with more Raging River rub. When sausages are done, increase cooker temperature to 450° - 500° and cook shrimp and scallops hot and fast, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove meat from crab legs and slice sausage into rounds or chop, depending on size of sausage. If shrimp and scallops are small leave whole, otherwise chop into smaller pieces. Set meats aside and make cream sauce. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add fresh garlic, roasted garlic, and onion and sauté until tender. Add the heavy cream and evaporated milk and stir in salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat immediately, and let simmer until the sauce is reduced by one-third. Add cooked smoked meats to thickened sauce and toss. Let cook for 5 more minutes and serve over fettuccini noodles.[p]It really was fantastic!
    Tonia
    :~)

QBabe, Thanks! I can't wait to try it.