Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Minor rib disaster last night

Options
FearlessGrill
FearlessGrill Posts: 695
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had a minor disaster making beef ribs last night. My wife really likes pomegranate-flavored things, and I found a recipe for a pomegranate BBQ sauce that I thought would go great with beef. I picked up some beef ribs, and spent yesterday cooking them. We had some friends coming over to join us for dinner, and I tried to time the cook so the ribs would be ready around the time they were coming over.

Unfortunately, our friends, who are the kind of people who are late to everything, actually showed up early, about 10 minutes after I had sauced the ribs. I got distracted talking to them, and the sauce burned. :angry:

Everyone but me was fine with how the ribs turned out anyway, and luckily we had some leftover sauce that we were able to apply at the table, so it wasn't a complete failure. The sauce did end up matching really well with the ribs, so I'll have to try this again, and pay more attention next time.

-John

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Options
    It is funny with the egg. I will cook stuff and think it is just so-so. Some guests will just keep talking about how good stuff is. It is amazing how we get used to good food and subtle differences to us mean nothing to others. Also, fresh bbq is better than any restaurant bbq all day and twice on Sundays.