Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simply Delicious!

Options
JSlot
JSlot Posts: 1,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Being on Atkins isn't very hard for me, since I'm a meat lover anyway. I do get caught up with meat and forget about some of the other good stuff I can have. The posts about a rub/food chart today mentioned deviled eggs somewhere and that got my mouth a waterin'. Well, to make a long story short, I picked up a dozen eggs on the way home and boiled 'em up. I mixed the yolks with some mayo, chopped green olives with a little juice, and a healthy dose of DP's Jamaican Firewalk. Filled the eggs and topped with more of the Firewalk. Wow!!! The cinnamon flavor really comes through with just a touch of heat and the flavor is great!! It's simple and it doesn't take much to make me happy, but I just had to share it![p]Frosty Ones!
Jim[p]Jim

Comments

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    JSlot,
    Man, that does sound great.[p]You should try Cauliflower Suprise! Closest thing to mashed potatoes you will find on an Atkins diet.... and I don't even like cauliflower.
    Steam the tips of a head of cauliflower
    put in food processor, add butter and salt, mix it all up, a little milk until you get the desired consistency.

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    JSlot,
    I have been doing Egg Salad with Tsunami Spin for some time now, Tammy and I both love it.

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    That is good stuff, Billy! I use a little mayo in place of the milk. I think I'm gonna add some Firewalk to 'em next time, too. LOL![p]Jim
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Wardster,
    Kick that mashed cauliflower up with some chipotle and roasted garlic. I made some the other night and we were amazed at how delicious it was. I added some chopped parsley at the very end.
    Cheers,
    Gretl