Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Best Prime Rib I Ever Had

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First things first. [p]It sounds like everyone had a great time at Eggfest. I am truly sorry that I missed it. Instead, on Saturday, I was treated to the absolute worst wedding food ever. I have had better food provided by Uncle Sam in the middle of Saudi Arabia. [p]And Now the Prime Rib …[p]This was hands-down the best Prime Rib that I have ever eaten. It was also the only Prime Rib that I have ever cooked. I completely missed the mark on how long it would take to reheat a pre-cooked Prime Rib. I thought that it would take only a half hour to get the 6.5 roast back to 140. Boy was I ever wrong! At 400-425 it took every bit of two hours. I had planned on eating at 8 PM; we ate at 10 PM. No harm done since it was planned to be a late night anyway. [p]One of the people that I had over has spent quite a bit of time as restaurant chef. He told me to only take the roast to only 120. I did. It was perfect.[p]If you have not tried Prime Rib on the BGE, treat yourself. I had no idea how good it really is.[p]On an off topic, How many games should Pedro get for throwing at Einar Diaz’s Head and then hitting Robbie Alomar after being warned? Last year Jared Wright was called a headhunter for nothing more than a breaking ball. This is bad situation. We shall see, we shall see.[p]Go Tribe!
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]On your off topic.
    If he threw at his head he would have hit his head. You can't hang over the plate without expecting to be knocked down.
    Go Sox
    Big Cat

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Big Cat,
    Good point, but ...[p]Send me an email, I would like to continue the conversation off-forum. What is being said in Boston about the situation?[p]RhumAndJerk
    FrenchiePKT@Yahoo.com