Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

These "Canooks" Made it Home

Options
BBQfan1
BBQfan1 Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
2175 kilometers/1360 miles total, 11 hour drive each way, and worth every minute at the wheel!! Thanks to all for the commradery and great experience. So much wonderful food and enthusiasm from participants and organizers alike. Thanks James, Rona, Dale. Will be spinning tales about Capt Billy's (while I wear my shirt, of course). Happy Birthday, Jim from BGE :) Todd; did all that food make you sleepy?[p]Enough non-cooking content; just wanted you to know that these 'Canooks' (Thanks, Dale), made it home safely, incident free, save for the deer that came out in front of us looking for some leftovers of NB's brisket. A couple more feet and I'd be on here surfin' for venison recipes!

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Thanks again for the sauce - when I asked you to bring me some I certainly eggspected to pay you for it. Your too kind. I can't wait to use it at home - your wings were awesome--- made my head sweat!!! Yea!!!![p]Waldorf to London --- what a drive![p]Tim[p]

• Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    Glad you made it home safely and missed that deer. Bagging one of those with a car makes it difficult to get home and on the egg.[p]Mary

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Glad you made it back safe! Had a great time meeting you and eating your excelent Q (wings etc.). I have to thank you for the wing sause. I am under orders to do some wings this week with the stuff! Laurel (g-friend) said if I can make wings anywhere near as good as yours, she'll be happy![p]Tanks again![p]Smokey

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    Twas great meeting you and your wife. The wings were great! Thanks again for the sauce. I sid thanks but ended up running over...chucking it in my box, then going to flip the ribs. Never got a chance to properly thank you![p]I guess you told that deer there weren't no chunk-o-chest left, and he got out of the way! Good thing. Hitting those guys is no fun....especially when their head comes thru your windshield! Glad you had a safe trip![p]We will meet again.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Unknown
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Glad you folks got home OK. It was a real pleasure meeting you folks and hanging out. Your wings were great. Thanks for the Anchor Sauce, it was really nice of you. I can't wait to use it.[p]Regards,
    Jobu