Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Glass top stove replacement

Serial Griller
Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Our glass top on our stove cracked Saturday. :(
Anyone on here replaced one themselves.It still works..just can't spill anything on it! ;)
I know..no worries..leave it be...use the egg :)
Jon

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Do you want to stay with electric? I have one and can't stand it. Gas is what I will be going to, when the time comes.

Switching a new one out for the old should be something that you could handle. Just get the right circuit shut down first. ;) Assuming it is direct wired.
  • Hi Adam,
    We just replaced the heating element in the oven .Don't really want to buy a new one at this point unless the glass top is very expensive. My next stove will not have a glass top.
    Jon
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Yea I had to replace mine about a year ago. The wife set a bag of can goods down on it and it broke the corner off. I want to think mine cost about 140.00 Its a frigidaire. Me and my father replaced it and it took about 30 minutes.Mine just slid right out of the cabinet and we set it in the floor. It has a bunch of small screws around the perimeter of the stove. Nothing major though.
  • Going to get a new stove..it's less expensive ($500-800) with coil burners.Would like gas but it's not an option.