Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Not from EGGfest2000, but...

GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
04_29_0018_16_02.jpg
<p />NY Strips served wit asparagus and hollandaise sauce – not bad, even if I couldn’t make it to Maryland!
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 13,035
    Gfw,
    Those NY strips looked BEAUTIFUL and could put Jim's out of business! I have tried two sets of strips now and honestly they didn't come out all that great. What temp for searing, what amounts of time and method please...maybe I just haven't paid my dues to the BGE gods, yet...

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    04_30_0017_04_01.jpg
    <p />RRP, saw the R Pratt license on the M again the other day. [p]The steaks (about 1.25 inches thick) were covered with mustard and rub for about 4 hours. The BGE was brought to a dome temp of 800 degrees. Seared side one for 2.5 minutes - flipped and seared side two for 2.5 minutes - closed the bottom vent, closed the top vent and let sit for eight minutes. You saw the results in the picture![p]Tonight we are doing two (1 inch) pork chops - same method and same time - the picture was just taken.

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]