Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tough Cuts

edited 6:02PM in EggHead Forum
Well we just got our new BGE & grilled some Cod which turned out OK. How does Flank Steak or Roast do in one being that it is so tough? We are thinking of smoking the meat as a Roast instead of cutting it up into Steaks. We have always Crock-Potted Flank & that tenderizes it. Any Suggestions? Thanks
·

Comments

• Never Mind, I just found some ideas on an earlier thread. I suppose most questions have already been covered on this forum. Just need to take the time to search. Thanks
    ·
  • Shirley, don't worry. Sometimes u're just in too big of a hurry to research. Researched answers are good, but there may be a new twist that has developed since that old post and nobody here minds re-stating ideas. That's the beauty of this forum. Many of us jump in here with a question about a piece of meat or ingredients, even as the coals are heating up. Enjoy and participate.

·
  • Lee2Lee2 Posts: 38
    Shirley,
    I've done rump roasts and eye of round roasts in the Egg. I cook them exactally the same as I would do in the oven, same temp, same amount of time. They seem to come out just fine, except they're better done on the Egg than in the oven.

·
  • Lee2,
    That makes sense. Thanks

·