Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Orange Lamb Burgers

Options
TxEgg
TxEgg Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Received so many great recipes from this forum, thought I'd try to give one back. Lamb burgers (see below) served with feta creamed spinach and Tzaziki dip were a big success last night. Recipe from 15 Minute Low-Carb Recipes by Diane Carpender.[p]Orange Lamb Burgers
1/2 red onion
4 cloves garlic
2 lb ground lamb
2 tsp ground cumin
3 tb soy sauce
1 tb orange zest
4 tb orange juice
4 tb cilantro
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper[p]Pulse red onion, garlic, cilantro in food processor until finely minced, not quite turned into a paste. Put in large bowl with remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly. Form into 6 burgers.[p]Hope you enjoy it,
Dean

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    TxEgg,
    Thanks for posting that. Looks like some pretty major-flavorful pieces of meat! Lots of major taste-bud carnival stuff goin' on. Sound delicious. Pleasingly potent?? What do you serve it with?? [p]Also, do you grind the lamb yourself? Which cut is best for this dish, and the approximate percentage of fat needed? [p]Really sounds good.
    Thanks!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • TxEgg
    TxEgg Posts: 19
    Options
    Chris,
    I served the burgers in a pita stuffed with chopped lettuce, tomato, feta cheese and tzaziki sauce. Sides were a greek salad, feta cheese creamed spinach and more tzaziki sauce. [p]A local market offers ground lamb on a regular basis so I don't know the cut of meat. To me, the fat content looked and cooked like about 25-30% fat.
    Dean[p]

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    We think alike sometimes! I just sent a message to Mr. Rum ask-a-butcher about grinding your own lamb in a food processor, like AB does with beef. We'll see what he says....
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    TxEgg,
    Man oh man! Sounds delicious. Hard to go wrong with lamb, and your setup made it into a jewel.[p]Ken