Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Latest cookout

Options
La. Redneck
La. Redneck Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
good evening all,
today was a good day.
Tried several new items today. The simplist were potatoes. I had both irish and sweet potatoes. I put olive oil on them and poked fork holes in them and rubbed with salt. Wrapped in alum foil for 1 3/4 hours on direct fire with dome temp of 325. (this was the first time they were as soft as I like them) I then spatchcock two cornish game hens sprinkled with ducks unlimited poultry and game rub. My dome temp was still 325 so I put the hens on the grill direct for 20 mins skin side down, then flipped them over for twenty five minutes. They were excellant. (1st time cooking.) Last but not least, i de-stemmed about fifteen mushrooms. I put them on the grill stem side down for five minutes. I then took them off the fire. I put a spot of salt free butter in each cap with a smigging of minced garlic in each cap also. Then I finished stuffing them with flaked blue cheese. I then put them back on the fire, cap side down on a vegatable tray until the cheese starts to bubble, about 8 minutes. (First time cook on this also.) All in all, my wife loved the mushrooms and chicken. I loved the chicken and sweet potatoes. Thanks for all the help. Next weekend, WHO KNOWS!