Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini owners

Options
sharhamm
sharhamm Posts: 258
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just putting my mini together.
I purchased the nest also and it rocks in the holder. Is this normal or should I contact my dealer? Also I did not get a manual. Is there one for the mini?
Thanks,
Sharon

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Sharon,

I just checked mine and it is stable in the cradle.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    I've had my Mini several years now and it does wobble a little in the nest/cradle. If you move it around, twisting it, you may reduce or eliminate the wobble. Also made a small shim form a shingle that helped a lot too.

It's more irritating than important go cook something you'll forget all about it.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Not sure, but the registration card for BGE's is in the manual . . . You might need it for any warranty claims
    ie: gasket . . .
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Mine did that also, think I just wiggled it a bit and with Caution, pushed it down but not hard.

Don't want to break it. :(

Good Luck,
    Bordello
  • queensgrt
    Options
    I didn't get a warranty card or book or CD with my mini; called mothership and they sent me a warranty card
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    The registration card for BGE's is in the manual. Ask me how I can tell????
    I just got home with the one I WON today in Plano :woohoo:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Congratulations!! Do they not have after parties in Plano? Come to Forida in March and we will show you an after party at a great location on the Atlantic ocean. If you don't believe me just ask FlaPoolMan.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Mine rocks until I find the sweet spot. No manual for mine. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Serial Griller
    Options
    Sharon,
    Have fun with your new toy!
    I have cook book references I'll send you soon for your wok!
    Jon
  • sharhamm
    sharhamm Posts: 258
    Options
    Thanks Jon, I'll be looking forward to it.
    Thanks everyone else with your suggestions. Called the dealer and he's sending me my manual with the warranty card.
    Got it sitting on the legs for now and later will try wiggling it around inside the nest to see if I can get a better seating.