Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Peach Salsa GREAT

mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited 5:17PM in EggHead Forum
Finally did my chicken breast/peach salsa thing. Soaked them in orange juice for a couple days (just because I haven't had time to make them) and stuck them on little egg tonight. Direct 350 or so, skin down first. With about 15 mins to go (figuring by 135 or so internal) I spooned on some of the peach salsa. Took them off around 160 or maybe a little less (I had some wine and stopped looking!). [p]They were tender, juicy, and the salsa is great. Just enough hot and enough sweet to really complement the chicken. Fast and easy. Will definitely do it again.[p]mShark

Comments

• MollyShark,
    OOOOOoooooh, the peach salsa sounds great. May I ask what is the recipe you use for the peach salsa?[p]Banker John

• mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Banker John,[p]I went the easy way and picked up a jar of Jardines. I really don't know if I could have improved on it. Wanted to see if I would like it before investing more time, but I really don't know what I would have changed in it. Just the right combo of bite and sweet.
  • MollyShark,
    You made it sound easy and good enough for me to try, including the wine. Thanks.[p]Spring Chicken