Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone have any good shish kabob recipes

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wife demanded meat and vegatables on a stick, anyone got any good ideas. I'm usually a lazy italian dressing marinator. if you read this JSlot, thanks for the last info. It's all in the mail:)

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    You are quite welcome![p]Jim
  • Dock of The Woods
    Options
    LSUfan, One I have had good luck with, comes from Southern Living annual recipe book 1985, page 158, "Marinated Shrimp Kabobs" I have used it with Steak also, and I bet it would be good with pork or chicken.[p]1/4 C. pineapple juice
    8 oz. Italian dressing
    8 oz. tomato sauce
    2 T. brown sugar
    1 t. mustard[p]The recipe calls for pineapplle chunks, green peper and shrimp on the kabob. But to me the combos are endless for a kabobs! I hope the wife is pleased! I will be interested to see some other recipes that folks have for Kabobs. [p]Hugh, sitting on the "Dock of The Woods"

• bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    Options
    Dock of The Woods,[p]Cherry tomatoes and s'rooms.......

• bbqbeth
    Options
    LSUfan,
    oops, bell pepper... gotta have it!
    The Italian dressing thing works with all.
    Enjoy!

• bbqbeth
    Options
    LSUfan,
    oops, bell pepper... gotta have it!
    The Italian dressing thing works with all.
    Enjoy!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,772
    Options
    LSUfan, green peppers, purple onions, marinated lamb with balsamic garlic mint and oregano. cook until lamb is 122-127 internal basting with garlic butter.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • LSUfan,[p]Chunks of tender beef or lamb, marinated in Magnificent Marinade overnight. This stuff is so good you will want to sip it through a straw! Recipe below.[p]I cut up onions and peppers in large chunks, and steam them, as well as whole mushrooms, and maybe yellow squash or zucchini, for about 3 minutes, just to get the "raw" off.[p]I soak bamboo skewers in water for a few hours and alternate all the vegetables and meat on the skewers. I make separate skewers with only cherry tomatoes on them, because they cook so fast.[p]Grill over high heat, turning often.[p](Now, I happen to like the skewer method because it was what I grew up with and I like the presentation, but if you want simpler, use a grill topper to cook this. You can get fancy ones or disposable ones.)[p]Lee[p]From a thin paperback booklet, called, "The Barbecue & Smoker Cookbook, from the Kitchens of Southern Living"

Magnificent Marinade

1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
    3/4 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup red wine vinegar
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    1/4 cup Worcestershire
    4 cloves garlic, chopped
    2 T. dry mustard
    1 T. coarsely ground pepper
    2 1/2 teaspoons salt
    2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley[p]