Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub/Fast Del. Ser.

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got my Raging River Rub for Dizzy Pig's, tasted it on my finger and WOW. Can't wait to try it on some salmon.[p]I'm going to Whole Foods to get some frozen sockeye to try. With all the huff about farm raised and only eating it once a month I thought I will give the wild stuff a try.[p]Thank you Dizzy Pig for the fast delivery service.[p]Regards,
New Bob

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    New Bob,
    yep, ragin river is outragious on salmon (and other fish). . .its also great on potatoes... [p]i like to take baby whites or preferably, yukon golds, cube em up small, coat in olive oil and sprinkle with raging river rub, then roast in a pan in the oven (or your egg) at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes. . ..fantastic, they taste sweet as candy. . .

• Bordello
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Great advise, I also love the Yukon Gold. They also work very well for Q'Babe's Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes.[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    New Bob,
    yea, i haven't tried qbabes taters yet, but they do sound good. .. the other thing to do if you haven't, is do your salmon on top of a layer of lemon slices laid direct on your grill. . .it really is a good way to do them. . .see my post further down (its still in the current 25) for a picture. . .

• Bordello
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Yes, I saw the post and just re-read it. I take it when you flip the salmon you scoop it "off" of the lemon slices and flip???
    I usually do mine indirect and will cook for at least an hour or more, I prefer it a little on the dry side.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    New Bob,
    yep, i treat the lemon slices as part of the grid, they get kind of gross, but they treat the fish good... we are the opposite, we kind of like our salmon just a tad rare in the center. ..

• Bordello
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    I have to repeat myself here, if you like taters and you like cheese, mix up a small portion to Q'Babe's Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes, they are awesome. (At least to my company and myself.) LOL[p]A great weekend to you,[p]New Bob

• Bordello
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thanks for info. Oh, there is nothing wrong with liking our food different, there is no right or wrong way. Whatever works, to each there own. LOL[p]Thank you for your input, I can adjust to my liking from there.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob