Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brine Concoction, wierd mix but tastes great

sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]This will catch a lot of you on the way to eggfest, hope ya'll have a GREAT time. This is the plan for one egger who is staying home (unfortunately).[p]I made a brine last evening that is quite an odd mix of stuff but turned out GREAT. It was about a handful of fresh cilantro (1 1 1/2 cups), a half a cup of kosher salt, three big tablespoons of minced garlic, about a third cup of blackstrap molasses, and a tablespoon of juniper berries. All of this was boiled and cooled and then mixed with another half galon of col water and placed on 8 chicken leg quarters. I plan on cooking them this weekend whilst yooos guys are at eggfest. The brine has a great flavor and I think it will go great with the chicken.[p]Have a great time at eggfest, I'm sure if the wind is right I'll be able to smell those 1 BGE's cooking some of the most delicious fare imaginable.[p]Troy

Comments