Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brine Concoction, wierd mix but tastes great

sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]This will catch a lot of you on the way to eggfest, hope ya'll have a GREAT time. This is the plan for one egger who is staying home (unfortunately).[p]I made a brine last evening that is quite an odd mix of stuff but turned out GREAT. It was about a handful of fresh cilantro (1 1 1/2 cups), a half a cup of kosher salt, three big tablespoons of minced garlic, about a third cup of blackstrap molasses, and a tablespoon of juniper berries. All of this was boiled and cooled and then mixed with another half galon of col water and placed on 8 chicken leg quarters. I plan on cooking them this weekend whilst yooos guys are at eggfest. The brine has a great flavor and I think it will go great with the chicken.[p]Have a great time at eggfest, I'm sure if the wind is right I'll be able to smell those 1 BGE's cooking some of the most delicious fare imaginable.[p]Troy

Comments