Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Kid Friendly Egg'n

EggieGEggieG Posts: 81
edited 6:35AM in EggHead Forum
I have had my lg egg for just a few days now and have really enjoyed lurking about the forum for ideas and advice.

With a couple small children with really simple tastes for food, I was curious what your young ones ask for the most when you fire up your egg.

What are your favorie kid friendly recipes?

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Pizza of course
  • Pizza would have to be number one. The smaller ones even like to help make the pizza. :laugh:
  • maXimmaXim Posts: 468
    Yup,

PIZZA! Especially if they can put their own toppings :woohoo:
  • Hot dogs and hamburgers!
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    I bet if they are involved with fixing it you might be surprised at what they will try.
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 819
    hamburgers, quesadilla, pizza, pulled pork, pork tenderloin (not to much seasoning) chocolate chip cookies, pineapple slices with dizzy pig pineapple head.
    IMG_8203-1.jpg
    Picture002.jpg
    Start simple with the seasoning and slowly add more flavors. My son now loves anything with swamp venom or blackened.
  • RGBHVRGBHV Posts: 1,317
    Pizza, Burgers, Dogs, Quesadilla, bread, deserts and of course Mac & Cheese

A couple of my kids are picky eaters too...

They loved helping with pizza and quesadilla - I think anything they can help with will be great!

Michael
  • RGBHVRGBHV Posts: 1,317
    Oh ya !

COOKIES

and

Chocolate Lava Cake!

Real Winners!
  • MakoBBQMakoBBQ Posts: 230
    I take a boneless chicken breast and cut it into chunks. Then place the chunks on a skewer and grill. The novelty of chicken nuggets on a skewer on the egg is something my girls enjoy.
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 819
    I have also cooked frozen fish sticks and chicken nuggets. Tator tots work good too. Almost forgot corn on the cob.
  • AvocadosAvocados Posts: 465
    Sliders!!!

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0006a.jpg

I bought my youngest daughter her own mini last year for her 9th birthday :laugh:
  • EggieGEggieG Posts: 81
    All great ideas!! ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

Cooks with pics coming soon.
  • Agree whole-heartedly!
  • B) 16.5 y/o requests Pulled Pork, but happy to get anything Egged since he attends boarding school :lol:
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    She loves, loves, loves a good cheeseburger, but pizza and beer can chicken are her favorites...well that's not true, pulled pork sandwhich is her absolute favorite. She ordered one out at a restaurant one night, smelled it..."Smells great!" Took a bite, "tastes good." Took another bite. It doesn't taste like yours.....I don't really like it.