Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon Help

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need a fast cook salmon filet recipe. It appears to be about one pound / one inch thick. My Egg is heating up. Anybody got any suggestions.[p]Spring Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Sprinkle some Ragin River or what ever rub you have on both sides and let melt in.[p]Cook on a raised grid for about 20 minutes then carefully flip. [p]After 10 minutes on the other side, drizzle a mixture of half melted butter and half maple syrup on one side. Wait 5 minutes, then flip again and drizzle the other side. Wait 5 minutes and take off and serve.[p]Beers![p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Spring Chicken,
    This a finish rub for a recipe of mine it is best when the whole recipe is used. This for 4 to 6 pounds of fish.[p]1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
    1 TBSP granulated garlic powder
    1 TBSP granulated onion
    1 tsp dried savory
    1 tsp dried tarragon [p]You can add dill if you like and if you don't have savory try it without it.
    Jim

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    crustedsalmon.jpg
    <p />Spring Chicken,
    350 with olive oil and favorite rub direct. After the last flip have melted butter and maple syrup to brush on for a few seconds.[p]CWM

• Turkeyspurs
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Try this, its very good. 1/2 cup Tamari soybean sauce, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 Tlbs fresh grated ginger. Marinate for 1hr. Don't overcook. Good luck, Trey

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Thanks guys. By the time I got my fire going my wife had already doused the salmon with lemon juice and Seasonall seasoning. I quickly made up a batch of butter and maple syrup to baste it with but by then it was too late. I cooked it direct with some pecan/apple/cherry for a total of 13 minutes (it could have stayed another two minutes but we were hungry). It was NOT very good. However, we did eat half of it and will finish the rest tomorrow. The only thing that saved the day was our hunger pains. I will plan better next time and get rid of the Seasonall tonight.[p]Spring Chicken

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]I've always heard that hunger makes the best sauce!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas