Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SOS SOS SOS HELP

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Help,
I have a whole chicken split in half and need to know what temp to cook it? and for how long? please, I need to know now the egg is lit :)
If anyone knows off the top of there head now this info, Please let me know. cant find my cook book that came with my egg :(
Thanks folks David K[p]

Comments

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    David K,
    I'd do it about 300* until it's done... bout a hour or so.. depends on how big the bird is...
    good luck

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Wardster,[p]Thanks got it will do I dont have an extra grid to put it on bricks and raise like naked wiz can I use the in direst stone with the legs I dont know the name of it I just bought it extra to have can I flip this over and put the grid on top of it over a drip pan to reduce flair ups?
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    David K,
    If you do it indirect (it sounds like you have the plate setter?) I'd do it around 375 for an hour. If you have a thermometer, you can judge the doneness by the temp, but if you don't an hour at 375 should be fine for a 4 pound bird. 6 pounds, you might let go 1.5 hours?[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz,[p] Thanks sooooooo much!
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    David K,
    The Naked Whiz gave you good advice. I would go to his web site, or Wes B's site and download Bill Wise's or Wise One's cook book.
    The only advice I can give you in addition to these folks is that you throw away or burn the BGE Cookbook that came with your BGE.
    Hammer