Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TREX'ed Rack of Lamb

Options
CampCook
CampCook Posts: 157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just finished a rack of lamb my wife says is the best she has ever eaten. [p]I used the TREX method (more or less). The racks were seasoned with salt pepper and olive oil. Initial Dome between 650 and 750 degrees. One minute per side. Then set aside uncovered out of reach of the dog for twenty minutes. Vents almost closed during this tme. At the appointed time, I added a misquite chunck to the fire and returned the racks to the grill - dome closed. Dome temp was still between 400 and 450 degrees. Vents were adjusted to hold that temp. Five minutes per side got the internal meat temp from 91 degrees up to about 110 degrees. Racks were removes and allowed to rest for 4 or 5 minutes. They came out just over rare -- perfect for lamb.[p]These racks came from Sam's Club. They were well trimmed and frenched in the package.