Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mainegg\'s Disappearing Lobster Dip :)

Options
reelgem
reelgem Posts: 4,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mainegg made an amazing lobster dip at the after party in Atlanta. I've been dying to make this ever since she posted the recipe. I figured tonite was as good a time as ever to make it. It went great with a 30 yr. old sherry from Spain. Enjoy the pics, it was delicious!!

Started with some FL lobster tails.....mmmmmmmmmm!
033-2.jpg

Mixed some softened cream cheese, granulated garlic and cracked black pepper. Then added the chopped green onions, flat leaf parsley, and the lobster.

010-7.jpg

Baked at 375 until bubbly.

011-7.jpg

Served with a nice sherry.

013-5.jpg

If you ever come across this sherry, buy it, you won't regret it. It's very hard to find. It is by far the best I've ever had.

015-6.jpg

Thanks Julie!! Next up your lobster wontons. :)

Here's the recipe.

Eggfest Lobster Dip

3.5 pounds fresh lobster meat
3 pounds cream cheese
1 T garlic powder +/-
1/2 T coarse black pepper
1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley chopped
1 bunch green onions chop just the greens
about a 1/4 c pinot grigio (what I happened to be drinking and the box was handy)

OR:

1/2 lb frozen lobster meat chopped coarse
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp coarse
2 T chopped flat leaf parsley
2 T chopped green onions cracked pepper
white wine or milk or cream

Nuke the cream cheese in microwave just till soft stir in garlic powder and pepper. stir in lobster and greens
if it is to stiff add your fav liquid till soft. not to runny it will thin when you heat it. I did direct on a lg till bubbly. I saved out a pound of meat and a few of the greens to spread over the top to garnish.

Comments